Situation: Microsoft releases an emergency update. You go to your WSUS server and realize that the associated KB# isn’t there.
Solution: Import from MUCatalog
- In WSUS, right-click on your server, or “updates” and choose .
- Now it’s going to open up Internet Explorer and you may see an error like below:
If this happens, best way to get around it is to just add the update catalog to the trusted sites list in IE
- Internet options
- Trusted sites
- Click “Sites” button
- Uncheck “require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone” (it wants to connect http for some reason).
- The site will be listed by default at the top. If not, make sure “http://catalog.update.microsoft.com”
- click “apply” then “OK”, then close out of IE and repeat the above.
Next, you should see a page like this:
Type in the KB# of your update.
Click “add” next to each of the updates you want.
Click on the “view basket” link at the top.
Next click on the “Import” button.
The page will refresh with completing status bars next to each update and once complete, you will be able to locate the update in your WSUS using the search function.